Cook or dance SKILL Are unnecessary ?
Diplomacy ?
Picking Locks ?
Making potions ?
Healing ?
Clean ?
Do laundry ?
Ignite a fire ?

Did I miss something are you wanting people to list what they feel are uneccessary skills ?

You may have to dance or cook to progress a quest so not sure anyone can start toi disguard skills without knowing if they are in the game firstly and secondley needed for anything.

You need to read up on the threads which detail how skills/abilities work, and you will see Jatar listing the way this works and the large number of skills they intend to have in the game all of which are unique. For me this game is all about having a lot of choice. So other than gamebreaking skills the most common one is Flying , I am happy for whatever the Devs put into the game.

I will be using the ones I like the look of , I think a discussion of what people believe should be in is more constructive but then again I am pretty sure as the quote goes the design is done......

The thread below talks about the 10 starter skills and the additional 1800 uniques that can be learnt.......

viewtopic.php?f=15&t=58

Look Down.....

Post Posted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:54 pm 
Team Member
Team Member

I think this earlier post from Jatar should answer most of your questions:

Jatar wrote:
In this world you are a Fallen Hero, who is about to take on epic battles and quests, not a shop keeper. Yes, we allow player to own a business at their Guild or Garrison town, but this is a very minor part of the game play, and even then, NPCs will run the day to day business of sales, not the player, who will be out on epic quests 24/7.

So stop contemplating financial empires, and start dreaming of destroying the Sword of Doom, which will level whole cities if you don't discover where it is, who has it, how to destroy it and then... go do it. etc...

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:49 pm 

tal13031 wrote:
Cook or dance SKILL Are unnecessary ?
Diplomacy ?
Picking Locks ?
Making potions ?
Healing ?
Clean ?
Do laundry ?
Ignite a fire ?

I dunno about doing laundry... bad enough ill have to clean up my Tyvens leather jerkin... as far as most of them im guessing that chores probably wont be in the game... unless you think sweeping your homes floor or doing dishes is fun......

Picking locks I am going to assume is going to be either a skill or talent. It kind of goes along with Finding treasures/secret doors and opening them.

Making potions.. well yes we will be able to make them how many and of what type not a clue, but I am quite sure they will be interesting.

Healing... now Im going to guess you havent looked into the league schools. The Spirit League will probably be a good place to start into looking at healing abilities.

Now to my favorite.. Diplomacy... In our stories we will have to make decisions based on intel, conversations, and events. Do I kill him ? Interrogate him? free him? Lets base the decision on what information he gives me... Thats my style of diplomacy.

Oh and ignite a fire.. does fireballs and cataclysmic explosions count as making fire? :lol:

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Abilities