CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Abilities

Post subject: Skill Stealthing
 Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 11:22 am 

Hello

Is there any stealthing in this game? If yes, how does it work? I mean, from a realistic point of view, it would be best to have a skill based stealth system, sneaking in the shadows, or something like that. Most games seem to fail on this part, and they make Stealth just an downgraded Invisibility (More mobs see you, and it's a stance, Like in Vanguard) Which is just stupid and an immersion killer, also, it weakens the "build/class". How is the stealthing done during the day?

Also, I might add, I have been reading these forums and been following the game every day for a very long time, and CoS seems to do everything differently. So, What i'd like to know is that, if there are any Assassin type of skills at all. Must I stealth in order to play them properly? I have been thinking I'd like to be an assassin without being stealthed unless its REALLY needed, Like, asked to go to Town X, sneak on the rooftops to kill the Major in his bed in the middle of night and to make it look like he died normally. But I find it immersion killer to be forced to be stealthed 99% of my playtime, like in other games I've played.

Thanks!

Last edited by Veltan on Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Skill Stealthing
 Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:46 pm 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Though the thread below is not exactly about assassination... it is still about the whole concept of doing 'evil' in CoS. I suggest you read it so that you understand how our game works. If you try to impose your desires for a game on CoS, you will likely be disappointed. Instead, I suggest you embrace what the game is and enjoy it instead.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=59

On a different note... though you will NOT be playing an assassin (we don't actually have Classes in the game), there will be Abilities you can get that allow you to do infiltration and stealth. I suggest a Verduren as your race... they have a natural camouflage racial trait (which works in the day time too). We will also be offering disguise Abilities, which allows you to change your looks and blend into other groups. But no matter how much stealth and other sneaky things you learn, you will still not become an Assassin in CoS, at least not and have a good time (read thread above).

Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 10:09 am 

Jatar,

What you said is actually more than I had hoped, kinda what I am asking. Camouflage, that is the word I sought. That is what I seek. I want to be stealthy/camouflage but with my own type of weapons, skill setups and playstyle.

Thanks alot for the answers

Cheers,

*edit and yeh I'm definitely picking the verduren :D

Last edited by Veltan on Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Wed May 18, 2011 8:33 pm 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Great! I'm glad we have something that you will enjoy, that's out goal for everyone (though pleasing everyone is not really possible in anything). In the end, we just want the game to be fun.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:40 pm 
Citadel Guardian

There is more than one way to be a stealthy character.

- Sneaking in the shadows is the most common.

- You could also use a potion, scroll, or spell of invisibility.

- Use camouflage as mentioned above.

- I like to think using dimension rifts for travel is a very neat trick for stealth.

- Disguising or casting a spell to take the appearance of someone else.

- Or what if you had learned to cast a spell to make you as dark as the shadows?

As a rogue/assassin you also have to take into account, sound, light, and sight. Rogues have to be quiet, walk in the shadows, and appear n disappear before anyone realizes they existed.

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:13 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

There is also the option of hiding in plain sight.

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Abilities