CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Abilities

Post subject: Re: Leagues
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:48 pm 
Producer
Producer

Dragonhand wrote:
Jatar wrote:
None of these Leagues are a character class, they are just types of knowledge. Get whatever mix of Abilities from all five that you want. With 1890 between them it is unlikely your character will be the same as any other person in the game.

Cof cof cof, the last game to promise that just went on a forced drop of it's subscription model cof cof.

:p

Just be careful on how you handle that, because if you say we have freedom of choice, but then the game force us to follow the original formats fighter/knight/mage, all that freedom becomes an illusion and classes the unwanted reality.

I can say with absolute certainty that we will not roll with any type of "trinity." Come to think of it, our 10 current starting abilities make you a basic warrior/healer/archer/mage/psionicist. Your ability choices will help define you, but more importantly give you more strategies and ways to handle the situation at hand.

In fact, following a strict "healer" route will be extremely difficult and likely kill you a lot.

We had a Patron webcast about vitality and concentration that talked about this more that we will talk more about with everyone in the future.. and that is only a part of our overall system. The systems working together are like no other, so I feel safe saying what I have :)

Like everything else, the proof will be in the pudding and you can see for yourself when we get there :D

Post subject: Re: Leagues
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:14 pm 

Dragonhand wrote:
Jatar wrote:
None of these Leagues are a character class, they are just types of knowledge. Get whatever mix of Abilities from all five that you want. With 1890 between them it is unlikely your character will be the same as any other person in the game.

Cof cof cof, the last game to promise that just went on a forced drop of it's subscription model cof cof.

:p

Just be careful on how you handle that, because if you say we have freedom of choice, but then the game force us to follow the original formats fighter/knight/mage, all that freedom becomes an illusion and classes the unwanted reality.

You have a choice use your abilities or don't but the later will end up with you dead as a door knob. All over the floor.... When your lifeblood is spread to the four winds from range I wonder what you will do. (Stand and recite the mantra I AM A TANK).

So much freedom your head will explode Muahahaha .....

54 Base Lines per league , 7 varieties within each line and 7 Leagues , combine these strategically and if you focus in one area you will suffer but no reason why you will not survive. But why cripple yourself.

Look Down.....

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Abilities