CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Abilities

Post subject: Aging and Abilites
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:30 pm 
Citadel Guardian

Its been stated that characters actually age in the game. Will this aging have an effect on abilities (due to the effects of old age) and will the aging be shown on the avatar? Do NPC's age and eventually die?

Post subject: Re: Aging and Abilites
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:13 pm 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Your character will not age any significant amount in this game, you cannot get old, you cannot die of old age, it has no effect on game play, simply because you cannot age enough to matter in the time you will play. Technically your character ages, in actuality it makes NO difference to you as a player, none.

Dito for NPCs, not enough time will pass to matter in this sense. I really doubt anyone will be playing this game twenty years from now (we'll all have cybernetic implants by then, or have killed all life on earth, something... maybe made a new and better game by then? I certainly hope so.

One more simple thing, you are playing a Fallen Hero, you are already over 500 years old, our game characters live MUCH longer lives in this world than humans in the real world.

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:27 am 
Citadel Recruit

So you said that you cannot age enough to matter because you're a Fallen Hero. This implies that other NPCs are not all Fallen Heroes, and therefore live normal length lives. So... if I play the game for ten years (I would, if it is as good as promised) and a game year (just guessing here) is one quarter of a real year (many games use accelerated time, I'm assuming you do as well, but I might be wrong), forty years would pass for the NPC, if he started at twenty, he would now be sixty, will he 'look' sixty now?

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:26 pm 

I guess that as Fallen Heroes our age won't tell and I guess that is not a bad thing.......

I am also interested in NPC aging , but from what I can see is main plotline NPCs will likely be special in that they don't really age. And on top of that all NPCs are unique and a lot are generated against a template with a new name so in reality is NPC aging going to be that noticeable or relevant.

Othe than necromantic spells that may be used to age and kill someone?

Look Down.....

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Abilities