CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Abilities

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:08 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

I want to be a Tyven secret SKILL collector I can ?
As a network, or as a tower ?

Jatar :
You can learn Algebra, and then Geometry, Calculus, Trig, etc. All of these are math disciplines, but each is different, though they build on concepts from earlier classes. This is how our Abilities work. If we used this as an example, and you spent study points on Algebra, those points will benefit you when you get Geometry as well.
===========================
0 0 0
1 0 0
3.5 0 0
5 0 0
or
---------------------
0 0 0
1.5 0.5 0
3.5 1 0
5 3 1

Post Posted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:08 pm 
Producer
Producer

It's more like this...

Algebra
--Geometry
33 (+25)
---Calculus
1 (+25+33)

If you put 25 points into Algebra and then get the tome for Geometry and put 1 point in (to learn it), you've spent 1 point in Geometry but essentially have 26 points in it.

The points spent in the previous skills in the discipline add together to the next ones in the line. So, you're always better off to spend those points in a line you're working on and only save them if you're waiting to start a new line.

Now why would you ever want to use Algebra when you have Calculus? That's easy.. sometimes spending two hours solving a math problem with Calculus is silly when you can spend 1 minute solving it with Algebra.

In game terms, you'll want to watch the "overkill" that you do because higher tier abilities use more power. Sometimes all you need is a small hack to finish an opponent rather than a massive overhead cleave.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:30 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

I've been thinking about an issue for some time. With such a big amount of skills (it starts at 10 for god's sake!) have you thought of a way to manage the interface? like easier access to hidden shortcut bars etc.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:14 am 
Producer
Producer

amusedmonkey wrote:
I've been thinking about an issue for some time. With such a big amount of skills (it starts at 10 for god's sake!) have you thought of a way to manage the interface? like easier access to hidden shortcut bars etc.

Yes we have, but no I can't talk about it yet.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:16 am 
Team Member
Team Member

Geez Morph.. you are a harsh one... The guy was just asking for a little insight and here you go just slamming the door in his face. I swear sometimes I wonder how you could ever control an army with the people skills you posses.

As far as the UI interface and the enormous amount of skills one can posses; we can't talk about how we so eloquently addressed this at this point but I will say when I personally saw it I was very pleased with how it was being handled.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:18 pm 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Rogon222 wrote:
Geez Morph.. you are a harsh one... The guy was just asking for a little insight and here you go just slamming the door in his face. I swear sometimes I wonder how you could ever control an army with the people skills you posses.

As far as the UI interface and the enormous amount of skills one can posses; we can't talk about how we so eloquently addressed this at this point but I will say when I personally saw it I was very pleased with how it was being handled.

I mean, if the evil Morphael is going to post on the Forums, taking time out from his busy schedule of world domination in the Reflected Worlds, he's bound to take some cracks ;)

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Abilities