CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Quests

Post subject: Puzzle and Labyrinth
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:19 am 
Fallen Hero

I was wondering, if there is such a large world, full of mysteries and epic quests, how about some mindF. labyrinths?

A quest line that consists exploring a dungeon, a labyrinth-like field full of puzzles that would require knowledge obtained by NPCs to be fully explored.

I saw in other post that some quests are going to have a puzzle feeling but I was wondering to what extent. Even if the answer to such puzzles could appear in a game guide latter, I still enjoyed doing simple stuff like that in FF-IX/X.

Post subject: Re: Puzzle and Labyrinth
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:35 pm 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Dragonhand wrote:
I was wondering, if there is such a large world, full of mysteries and epic quests, how about some mindF. labyrinths?

A quest line that consists exploring a dungeon, a labyrinth-like field full of puzzles that would require knowledge obtained by NPCs to be fully explored.

I saw in other post that some quests are going to have a puzzle feeling but I was wondering to what extent. Even if the answer to such puzzles could appear in a game guide latter, I still enjoyed doing simple stuff like that in FF-IX/X.

There is quite simply, no limitation to what our quests may contain. If the writer puts in puzzles, then there will be puzzles. The system allows for anything like that. I happen to like puzzles, so I may write some into a few of the quests I pen for the game. I'm sure other writers will as well.

Post Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:44 pm 

Jatar wrote:
Dragonhand wrote:

There is quite simply, no limitation to what our quests may contain. If the writer puts in puzzles, then there will be puzzles. The system allows for anything like that. I happen to like puzzles, so I may write some into a few of the quests I pen for the game. I'm sure other writers will as well.

If we don't have a few annnoying Magic Mouths doing the "Riddle me do ......" piece it will be sad.

Would be nice to have the odd treasure room, with a riddle that is generated within that actual quest area, just like the rumours you talk about. So that people have something to work out and it's not just a Google excercise.

Look Down.....

Post Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:51 pm 
Hero of the Citadel

There r 7 players of whom three were walkin while two were scoutin the area ahead n two more were at the bak makin sure they were not followed.....
Sudddenly thou a shout was heard and when they decided to chek on themselves they found a guy missing..... Ofcourse his shout could be heard one more time and on the opposite side there was the scream of a woman and a baby......
They decided to help both the woman screamin n their team mate but the ones who helped their team mates returned n the ones who had gone to the rescue of the woman's scream n the baby's scream seem to have disappeared.....
No ambush was available nor were there signs of any mobs around......
Wat happened to the ones who had disappeared??????

I hope that mysteries like that(with more puzzles) one r available....... This is all bein recorded by an eighth player who had decided to chek on them as they were his frnds.....

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Quests