CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Quests

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:14 pm 

calith wrote:
Quote:
Your RW is just that..yours. As shaped by your actions, decisions and so forth. Villains discovered and already killed by you, plots solved, the outcome of which has affected your RW in such and such a manner. Be it in regards to NPCs, landscaping, anything. You made it happen, it stays so. For you. No one other.

That quote is out of context.
It is your RW but only for that quest. Once you finish that quest you will return to the citidel.
After getting a new quest and step through the portal, the server assigns a new RW specifically for this quest.
if you leave this RW to go help a friend with a quest you can then return to this RW and continue your quest as the server saves the RW for you to return.

Hope that helps
and I'm fairly sure jatar or Isane will correct me if I am wrong :)

Calith you are correct the only thing I would add is that you are reffering to a Story Reflected World, but yep spot on.

With respect to the posters question the NPC will be dead in the Story Reflected World that it was killed in.

Look Down.....

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 2:57 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

hmmm... i thought i read somewhere that you could play the game while never be on your own in a RW, how do quests work there then?, since many people prolly will have to kill the same NPC for a quest.
This quest system is so confusing for me :p since we've never seen it in a single or multyplayer game before.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:30 pm 

Timoca wrote:
hmmm... i thought i read somewhere that you could play the game while never be on your own in a RW, how do quests work there then?, since many people prolly will have to kill the same NPC for a quest.
This quest system is so confusing for me :p since we've never seen it in a single or multyplayer game before.

Timoca ,
Theres the World which is unique and where the Citadel is built. Then you have the reflected Worlds which are a shattering of the original crystal in the Darkhalls.

Quote from the Lore section:-
"Instead, something very strange happened; the crystal shattered into thousands of equally shaped smaller, but geometrically exact, duplicates of the original great shape. And out in the empty places of darkness, new worlds appeared. In each facet of every crystal there was a reflection of the original World."

These facets are reflected worlds, there are two known types at the moment Story and Community. Story line quests are played out in one of the many facets , this can be yourself or a number of friends upto 8 including yourself. If you read the Lore it states that these are accesed via Portals/Mirrors. When a story completes which may be a (Quest,Mission, League Action, Expedition) then you return to The Citadel.
You can also play in Community world is more like a standard MMO area (but it isn't standard) where larger numbers of players can play together (The Citadel is an example of this).
You will never have to kill the same NPCs as they are all unique. They may appear at first glance to be the same but they are not. Each players quest is his own. Quests are generated around your actions this is rippled out into the reflected world you are given access to.

Hope that helps, these systems are complicated the nice element is you get to quest and have unique experiences. Reading the Lore of the game on the website may help as this explains the Role of the fallen hero and how they fit into the World.

Look Down.....

Last edited by Isane on Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:32 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Quote:

Ok the reflective world where you want to solo is called a Story RW or "SRW" as isane said.
when you create a party and set off from the citadel to do a quest you will not enter your story RW but enter a Community RW of which there are several. Each of these are the same but may have slight differences. As I understand it there can be several different parties each in the same "CRW" but doing different stories. If that reflected world is too busy for your liking just jump back in the portal and select another CRW.

live and die on this day

Post Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:23 pm 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

calith wrote:
Quote:

Ok the reflective world where you want to solo is called a Story RW or "SRW" as isane said.
when you create a party and set off from the citadel to do a quest you will not enter your story RW but enter a Community RW of which there are several. Each of these are the same but may have slight differences. As I understand it there can be several different parties each in the same "CRW" but doing different stories. If that reflected world is too busy for your liking just jump back in the portal and select another CRW.

This is incorrect. Since you have Patron Team access, I suggest you go read the Game Design group and read the explanation of how Reflected Worlds work.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:34 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Ahh after rereading it a few times I realise my mistakes. In the SRW you can take upto a party of 8.
There are multiple instances of the citadel. Each instance has its own CRW which can house many groups doing all different types of gameplay. If the territory is too busy for your liking then change the citadel instance you are in by hoping into a portal and choosing another one.

live and die on this day

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:02 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Many thanks to both Isane and Calith for their help, though i admit it is now that i find myself confused, unless it is simply a matter of my wording and yours..

My understanding was that each and every RW has only two things that are both common and persistent (as characteristics) in all reflections:

-1) a social hub/area/Community, the City, wherein the social aspect of the game needs to exist [and as such the stores/buildings/NPCs that go with it]. That is shared and stable, stable in relation to what 'i' do outside of it.

-2) outside the above hub, an RW instance (let us call it story RW since generalising seems to produce confusion) shaped or shaping itself as i play, with regards to the specific quest i happen to be on, and any personal choices i happen to be making. Uniqueness of the shard stemming from just that. Possibility for quest/adventure sharing as stated before.

- 3) if the above can be viewed as a horizontal expansion of sorts of the game, the very same thing occurs in respect to the Citadel, only this time (tiers) in a 'vertical' if you please function.

Am i off the mark? :S
If so, my apologies to those that may have read my previous post here

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:59 am 

Max wrote:
Many thanks to both Isane and Calith for their help, though i admit it is now that i find myself confused, unless it is simply a matter of my wording and yours..

My understanding was that each and every RW has only two things that are both common and persistent (as characteristics) in all reflections:

-1) a social hub/area/Community, the City, wherein the social aspect of the game needs to exist [and as such the stores/buildings/NPCs that go with it]. That is shared and stable, stable in relation to what 'i' do outside of it.

This is a Community Reflected Worlds , used for places like the Citadel and for MaaS numbers of people.

-2) outside the above hub, an RW instance (let us call it story RW since generalising seems to produce confusion) shaped or shaping itself as i play, with regards to the specific quest i happen to be on, and any personal choices i happen to be making. Uniqueness of the shard stemming from just that. Possibility for quest/adventure sharing as stated before.

The Story RW is a reflection of the World one oif the facets of the Shattered Crystal in the Darkhalls. These will be entered when performing Story type quests, the game decides which reflected world to place you in for each story.

- 3) if the above can be viewed as a horizontal expansion of sorts of the game, the very same thing occurs in respect to the Citadel, only this time (tiers) in a 'vertical' if you please function.

The Citadel is located in the World not a reflected world. I will assume here that the tires are a part of the structure of the Citadel and rules by the Eyes of Darkness. Built by the sorcerrors/ to protect the World from the Darkhalls/Demons

Am i off the mark? :S
If so, my apologies to those that may have read my previous post here

I don't think you are far off the mark at all Max. With the current info available you are close.

Look Down.....

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:47 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Sounds almost right. Just one minor correction.

Quote:
The Citadel is located in the World not a reflected world. I will assume here that the tires are a part of the structure of the Citadel and rules by the Eyes of Darkness. Built by the sorcerrors/ to protect the World from the Darkhalls/Demons

The Citadel is actually a Social Reflected World, there are many reflected Citadels being the hub of Reflected Worlds. Massive numbers of players and NPCs exist, Story line hooks start in these. If one Citidel is too crowded for your taste, you can go to a transporter and select a different one ... with different players. To go to a Story Reflected World, just go to a transporter and it can take you to a point (now in your Story RW) near your quest.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:12 pm 

Wyndyn wrote:
Sounds almost right. Just one minor correction.

Quote:

The Citadel is actually a Social Reflected World, there are many reflected Citadels being the hub of Reflected Worlds. Massive numbers of players and NPCs exist, Story line hooks start in these. If one Citidel is too crowded for your taste, you can go to a transporter and select a different one ... with different players. To go to a Story Reflected World, just go to a transporter and it can take you to a point (now in your Story RW) near your quest.

Wyndyn, that is a quote on Lore not mechanics. there is only one Real World read the lore. The question is about the Tiers and they are part of "The Citadel" or seperate thay are part of the one World.

The way CRWs are used for crowd control is a different question.

Look Down.....

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Quests