CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Monsters

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:10 am 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

To get this new discussion area started, I thought I'd throw this out there. Many of the monster races (though not all) were created by Morphael, who likes to alter and mix things to create slave races for his bid at world dominion. Some are failures, some escaped and became free races, and some were successes and have become his army or agents in the war against the Citadel. Here is some concept art we did working on one of the races that starts as human before Morphael's magic based 'infection' gets into a wound.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:40 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Hmmmm ... I've seen some people like this here in St Augustine. :P

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:46 am 

Jatar wrote:
To get this new discussion area started, I thought I'd throw this out there. Many of the monster races (though not all) were created by Morphael, who likes to alter and mix things to create slave races for his bid at world dominion. Some are failures, some escaped and became free races, and some were successes and have become his army or agents in the war against the Citadel. Here is some concept art we did working on one of the races that starts as human before Morphael's magic based 'infection' gets into a wound.

Interesting b ased on the approach here and the stages this NPC has gone through is he cureable is it better to turn NPCs away from Morphael rather than just killing the creature. If you have phased degradation then I hope we can reverse the process.....

I guess this process could be applied to Heros or at least dormant diseases taht if you don't go for a checkup you will suffer the consequencies.

I guess we now have axe wielding zombies.

Look Down.....

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 12:04 pm 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Well, axe wielding yes, zombies no. Zombies are historically stupid brain eaters, these guys, if anything get more devious and very very smart. Though, their favorite attack is not an axe, they like to claw you so that the venom is transferred. The red and blue on their arms is not blood... that's the venom running down to their claws.

Are they curable? Yes, depending on the stage of the disease, but once fully converted... nope. And yes, PCs can catch the disease, though it is inherently fatal to Fallen Heroes due to their being Of the Blood.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:20 pm 
Fallen Hero

Will we see animals mutated in this way by the infection or is it limited to humanoids?

Post Posted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:22 pm 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Neverest wrote:
Will we see animals mutated in this way by the infection or is it limited to humanoids?

Animals have warped and horrible versions, but not by this same infection. They have another problem, something else is warping them into monsters. I'll leave that one for later, but I will say that you won't ever be fighting regular animals in CoS, everything you fight is a monster worthy of your battle, and capable of killing your ass. But animals can be turned into monsters, and they will be.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:48 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

How can I get Morphael's magic based 'infection' Thing To my collection ?
or I can create monsters or summons them ?

He speaks at all ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He looks cute I want 1 as pet or 10 or 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999...

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 5:32 am 
Team Member
Team Member

tal13031 wrote:
How can I get Morphael's magic based 'infection' Thing To my collection ?
or I can create monsters or summons them ?

He speaks at all ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
He looks cute I want 1 as pet or 10 or 99999999999999999999999999999999999999999...

Well this guy certainly isn't a pet. He is an extremely smart killing machine. If anything, you, your party, the village and the country side will be 'his' pets. Unlike a necromancer archetype in some games we have no plans to summon undead armies to fight for a Fallen Hero.

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 6:28 am 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Yet, I need to add to Rogon's post to note that we do plan to have Necromancy. This just does not mean summoning the dead as pets. The actual definition of Necromancy is this:

nec·ro·man·cy
   [nek-ruh-man-see] Show IPA
–noun
a method of divination through alleged communication with the dead; black art.
magic in general, especially that practiced by a witch or sorcerer; sorcery; witchcraft; conjuration.

We do have magic based off of communication with spirits (The Spirit League) and plenty of magic and sorcery, after all, this is Citadel of Sorcery. So yes, you can become a necromancer, though that is something you will make, not a pre-made 'class', what you are is based off of the Abilities you choose to learn.

Post Posted: Mon May 02, 2011 9:32 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

i reeeeaaallly hope yall dont ignore the conjuration part of that definition. if not necessarily for summoning undead, possibly elementals. ive always loved conjuration. although ive found that in some games balancing all the content around people using pets vs those without can be challenging.

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Monsters