CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Monsters

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:21 am 
Citadel Guardian

Lader wrote:
although ive found that in some games balancing all the content around people using pets vs those without can be challenging.
I think the usual formula is to critically weaken the player's defensive and attacking power, but put their summoned beasts'/spirits'/what-have-yous' stats on par with non-conjuring players.

On-topic:
I like the visual design, though enemies with weapons and the ability to secrete lethal venom from their arms seems a bit much (unless this specific race is reserved for Morphael's army's higher ranks or something).

Would other playable races be susceptible to this "infection" or does Morphael only get weird pleasure in converting Humans?

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2011 1:42 am 
Producer
Producer

Laughing Clown wrote:
On-topic:
I like the visual design, though enemies with weapons and the ability to secrete lethal venom from their arms seems a bit much (unless this specific race is reserved for Morphael's army's higher ranks or something).

Would other playable races be susceptible to this "infection" or does Morphael only get weird pleasure in converting Humans?

The creature shown is very intelligent and not a mindless creature looking to infect people. When you cross paths with one it will end up being unique and impressive, not commonplace and repetitive.

All of the 'free' races can be infected because I'm an equal opportunity employer (EOE).

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2011 7:00 am 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

The Pagrimis are a complex monster, with tons of lore. They are not common at all, and when one is around, look out, they are devious, powerful, controlling and generally hidden in their masquarading state, looking 'normal' to you.

Like vampires, there is a lot to them. (Note: they are not vampires in any sense, but vampires have a lot of lore so that gives you an idea of what we are talking about in complexity. In fact CoS has no vampires or any other common monster, no werewolves, etc. If we use a common name, like a 'ghost', it will have its own new and unique rules.

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2011 10:59 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

sorry jatar ghosts are insubstantial they cant hurt me! i deny your reality and substitute my own!

Post Posted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:19 am 
Team Member
Team Member

That's an interesting transformation. Vaguely Elvish, but maybe Morphael has a thing for corrupted Elvishness? ;)

The axe looks like it is just for additional intimidation, those claws look like they'd do enough damage on their own!

I wonder, will monsters indulge in cruel behavior, when their attention is not occupied with fighting Morphael's enemies? Say prisoner torturing, or even deliberate conversions?

Post Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:15 pm 
Citadel Guardian

As a capitalist in nature ( according to my cousin). My first thought was " How can I obtain this power and harness it for myself?" Not as my own power, I mean the creature. He is now a vessel of incredibly toxic power. A fool would simply eradicate such a thing. But I, I would study it, and learn to harvest its magnificent power to aid me. Aid in "what" you ask? Well I am not sure, but it can't hurt to be prepared :twisted: .

Also, if his infection were to somehow afflict me. If I chose to let it seep through my veins would it be a permanent deformity? Or will it simply kill me and ruin any potential mutation? This is most intriguing as it lets the mind ponder the possibilities as if bitten by a snake. Should I find a hospital and get the poison removed? Or let it flow through my body with the knowledge it could kill me in moments? Do I risk the infection?

Post Posted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:09 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Recyrexor wrote:
Do I risk the infection?

That's what subjects are for; either willingly or not.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 11:12 am 
Fallen Hero

Recyrexor wrote:
As a capitalist in nature ( according to my cousin). My first thought was " How can I obtain this power and harness it for myself?" Not as my own power, I mean the creature. He is now a vessel of incredibly toxic power. A fool would simply eradicate such a thing. But I, I would study it, and learn to harvest its magnificent power to aid me. Aid in "what" you ask? Well I am not sure, but it can't hurt to be prepared :twisted: .

Also, if his infection were to somehow afflict me. If I chose to let it seep through my veins would it be a permanent deformity? Or will it simply kill me and ruin any potential mutation? This is most intriguing as it lets the mind ponder the possibilities as if bitten by a snake. Should I find a hospital and get the poison removed? Or let it flow through my body with the knowledge it could kill me in moments? Do I risk the infection?

So basically you want to become a smart, poisonous zombie with no free will, by getting hit by deadly poison.

Good luck with that. :mrgreen:

[CENTER]Image[/CENTER]

Post Posted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:45 pm 

MyGoodFellow wrote:
That's an interesting transformation. Vaguely Elvish, but maybe Morphael has a thing for corrupted Elvishness? ;)

Id make a crew of 15 elves to stand in a line and sing "We're taking the hobbits to Isengard!" untill the neighbours come looking for blood. Then enslave them to stand and say "What did you say?"

But I'm sure Morphael can think of far more cruel ways of torturing people.

EDIT: I also couldn't help but notice, the armour in the concept art is degrading the more infected he becomes. The venom zombifies clothes too?

Post Posted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:44 am 
Hero of the Citadel

Probably because the venom falls on the clothes or is poured on the clothes as well...

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Monsters