CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Monsters

Post subject: Out of the ass?!
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:26 pm 
Fallen Hero

A thing that buged me was the loot system of games. Fighting a groups of wasps to get an cotton shirt, a wild boar dropping a great sword? Where does the pig hide the sword, in his ass? And the wasps, out of his magic pocked taken out of a harry potter movie?

I know it is a small thing to complain about but is it possible that no one cares to create a loot system with a little more thought? Make them just drop mats that you can sell to buy weapons, have the monster actually use the weapon he just dropped as loot.

And gold? Do wasps buy items in WaspVile using gold? Why can't gold come from selling stuff to vendors and quest rewards?

Is it so hard that little peace of though and detail to things? How will CoS deal with loot and why, if I may ask?

Post subject: Re: Out of the ass?!
 Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:14 pm 
Fallen Hero

50% of my posts start as a rant for contextualization.

A question about CoS was made, after a contextualization text, I find it unpolite to shout questions out of the blue without a proper introduction. But maybe that is just me.

I am terribly sorry if it went against your design.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:21 pm 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Dragonhand wrote:
50% of my posts start as a rant for contextualization.

A question about CoS was made, after a contextualization text, I find it unpolite to shout questions out of the blue without a proper introduction. But maybe that is just me.

I am terribly sorry if it went against your design.

No worries, I didn't take offense, just being organized. Feel free to talk all you want ;) All right, if you want to make this about CoS, I'll move it back.

Post Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:28 pm 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

We will not drop inappropriate items from monsters, it was always planned that way. What you see them using is what they will have. If we want them to have rewards that would not be appropriate for that creature, there will instead be some kind of nest or other method of finding treasure. Example, some wasp creatures might not have treasure on them, but near their nest there might be corpses of other adventurers who died trying to kill them, and those bodies might have 'gold'. Or, a monster might use treasure to make their nest, like a bird using sticks and string. Thanks like that. Anyway, we're trying to make a logical world where you can get lost in this as a real/fantasy place, rather than a game.

Now, back to your way of stating questions, we are not going to really keep responding to people who rant about what they don't like and then follow it with, "You're not going to do that, are you?" Feel free to keep posting that way, but I will not be answering any more of your posts if that is your format.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:56 am 
Fallen Hero

Do we need to be concerned about destroying loot when we kill a foe?

It never made a lot of sense to me to loot some armor off a dead body. After all, the armor didn't protect HIM, how much less effective will it be for ME when I take if off a mangled corpse? Logically, it doesn't make much sense but in a game it works out fine. The same argument could be made for recovering cloth or scrolls from a foe hit by a fireball. It would be really challenging to have to find ways of taking out enemies if item breakage was a consideration. But it might be a lot of fun too.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:41 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Actually it does make sense. Looting items off of dead bodies has been a known practice even in real life. If a person was killed by a blow to the head, and has a better chest piece than my character it could as well be intact. Or maybe the poor soul was killed by an armor penetrating magic wave, that doesn't make it useless against physical hits especially if I'm wearing a cloth shirt. It might not have protected him, but it does provide better protection for me. After all, when you loot, it means you found something worth taking, and when the armor is really damaged you don't loot it in the first place.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:00 pm 
Producer
Producer

Nothing you loot is ever worthless.

Personally in other games, I was always annoyed by trash loot. Goblin teeth.. yay? Oh, the vendor well pay a set price for them.. ok.. that's.. kinda creepy... there's a market for goblin teeth...

If you want to give me money.. give me money.

I'm glad we're not like other games :D

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:15 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

with the sole exception of (grey quality) Ogre loincloths..

Because i just had to keep killing piles of the buggers until i got a complete set..which i then sported for a significantly absurd amount of time, haha

Mature. Responsible.

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:14 pm 

Max wrote:
with the sole exception of (grey quality) Ogre loincloths..

Because i just had to keep killing piles of the buggers until i got a complete set..which i then sported for a significantly absurd amount of time, haha

Mature. Responsible.

But that muist have been a great laugh , and to me this is what real games can offer some community and the ability to not take ourselves too seriousley.

I get the impression you will get a chance to dress up in this game.

Look Down.....

Post Posted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:15 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Isane wrote:

I get the impression you will get a chance to dress up in this game.

Can't wait to see a gargoyle in a tutu :mrgreen:

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Monsters