CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Crowd Funding CoS

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:43 am 

Jatar wrote:
No, though we would prefer that this be kept within the group, we will not be requiring an NDA for access to the pre alpha, though we would ask that you tell your people we would like them to refrain from posting videos, screen shots, etc. It's not that we aren't proud of where we are at, but people will take this as a finished game, when it isn't yet Alpha.

Well considering there will probably be people posting images and videos of the pre-alpha because they think they are entitled to. I would suggest extending the NDA to the Pre-alpha just to preempt the chance of misinterpretation.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:06 am 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

I'll think about it :)

Post Posted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:15 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Jatar wrote:
tal13031 wrote:
In-game Holiday Party.

You have date for it
Or information

last year december, 2014 in cos holiday party game!:
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2462

No set date yet, but it is coming! Not only will we have the exclusive Holiday Party in the game world this year, but all Patrons with Premium Alpha keys will get in, and have access to the development CoS game world thereafter! The party will kick off the access, but it won't end with the party this time.

There are several ways to get a Premium Alpha key... first off, it comes with the 500 donation level, you actually get 2 P.A. keys at that donation level.

Or, if two of the $250 level Patrons group, they can get the same 2 P.A. keys since that gets them to the 500 reward level. The more of you that group the more stuff you can get. Example, if ten Patron 250's grouped they get the reward level of 2500, which comes with 10 P.A. keys (enough for one each).

Or, regardless of your Patron level, if you know a 500, 1000 or 2500 Patron, they could have extra keys, but who they give those to is up to them.

As for you others, anyone with an Alpha key will get in sometime early next year, though they will miss the Holiday Party, that takes a Premium Alpha key. Hey, they should get something for their level of support! (Note: last year we let the 1000+ Patrons into the Holiday Party, this year we'll let in a lot more Patrons, anyone with one of the P.A. keys)

These will be actual keys, BTW. We'll hand them out to the Patrons that earned them some time in December, close to the party, and then they can use them as they see fit. When one is used to create an account, that key will no longer work.

Any progress ?

Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:43 pm 

The priority had been to deal with the major issues with the foliage system, then focus on the player integration. However, estimates for when they would be fixed were somewhat off (it's unavoidable when doing something never before done.) There is always progress, but i'm not entirely sure where it's currently at. I'm sure Jatar will appear soon with an answer. :)

Post Posted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 9:57 pm 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

On the Holiday game... sorry, but it is unlikely. I'm sad to say that our complete focus has been on getting this new engine up to rendering the terrain and foliage, and we're still focused on this completely. We can't afford to take any resources off of this right now, as much as we would like to. We're working days and weekends to get this to a point where it is ready to sell, and until we reach that point, it is all hands on deck.

We apologize for the impact on the Holiday party, but getting this working will lead to getting the game sold, and that will lead to much faster work getting done where Patrons can get into the game.

Lastly, I'm not saying there is no possibility of a Holiday party game... but it is questionable this year. However, we will make an effort to have at least a Holiday get together in the game world. I'll post more on this in the Patron forums as we find out what happens in the next few weeks.

Post Posted: Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:10 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Fine by me. I'd rather have a finished demo than a holiday party.

Post Posted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:34 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

What do you know
It's been two years since I opened this discussion
I have not yet seen
In-game Holiday Party yet
What are the chances that happen this year ?

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:50 am 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

tal13031 wrote:
What do you know
I have not yet seen

Pretty good... it will depend on how the engine upgrade goes in the next month. I'll keep you informed.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:53 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Jatar wrote:
tal13031 wrote:
What do you know
I have not yet seen

Pretty good... it will depend on how the engine upgrade goes in the next month. I'll keep you informed.

can i get " informed " now :?:

Post Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:55 am 

There has been solid progression on the foliage system. The trees are actually rendering on the planet, although it was just a test, it's now shown to work. There's still some work to do on it, but it's getting very close!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » Crowd Funding CoS