CoS Home    Cos FAQ    Register CoS    Register    Login    Forum    Forum FAQ

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » CoS: General Discussion of the Game

Post Posted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 2:01 am 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

I really want this game to succeed. I dropped 500 back in 2012, and I've been playing games that are getting released. But in my heart, I am longing for CoS. I've been playing Shroud of the Avatar, hoping, like most, that it will reignite that love that many have for UO. Haven't been impressed yet by SotA, and I am standing on guard for Cos to rise, and soar to the heavens.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:24 pm 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

We appreciate the support, and will continue to work on this until it gets there! Much progress has been made recently (and some reworkings of elements as well), but it is all taking us toward our goal!

Post Posted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:39 pm 
Patron Scribe
Patron Scribe

Ironpiper wrote:
Haven't been impressed yet by SotA

That is quite an understatement. SotA is a steaming pile of trash that is only surviving on Ultima community goodwill, but that can only last so long. I spent way more on SotA than I care to admit and I have nearly zero optimism at this point that it is going to be anything resembling a fun game.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:48 am 

I checked out SoTA and I just could not bring myself to waste money on an inferior game. They are doing a few different things sure, but all in all it will still have the same majority of issues that all the other games out have.

They arent creating their own engine, they arent creating their own renderer, they arent creating next gen content.

CoS is, and thats why this game received my funding.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 6:12 am 
Lead Designer
Lead Designer

Speaking of our own renderer, what until I tell you guys about the new rendering system we have built in the last few weeks (that's known as a tease). I'm going to let the Patron team (250+) help us come up with a name for it (not yet, you have to hear how it works first). Name submission after May 7th (the next Webcast). Then maybe I'll tell everyone publically a little about it, when I have a name. :)

Right now the programmers are calling it some god awful long technical jargon.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:37 pm 
Hero of the Citadel

Sorry for not being in the patrons group but
how about The Great Sorceress Renderer(TGSR for short)

Post Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:40 pm 
Citadel Guardian

Well, time for my annual visit, I see things are pretty much the same, been looking for a publisher since 2011, glad to see things are consistent.

I did add you to the list of progress for Indie Devs over on MMORPG.com, however I'm pretty sure this title has been going for longer than the term "indie" was invented.

Good luck, keep up the good fight, one day I look forward to seeing what's been going on for so long.

Board index » Citadel of Sorcery General Discussions » CoS: General Discussion of the Game